Mobile Tactical Support Unit Officer
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for Mobile Tactical Support Unit Officer based in Polokwane.
Reporting to the National Risk and Compliance Manager, the Mobile Tactical Support Unit Officer is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the Risk process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which risk plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Risk surveillance for different branches
- Receives a call from BSO/Controller on limits exceeded
- Collect the vehicle for escort
- Escort the vehicle to various clients and sometimes until vehicle is back at base
- Receive a call to escort up to Polokwane or other regions
- Upon information received from Intelligence / Investigations Departments, pertaining to possible attacks on customers and or branches, member responds, either reactive or pro-active.
Identify high risk areas
- Conduct risk assessment/survey at client site
- Compile the report
- Send report to RSM
- Random surveillance of sites known for robberies
- Stop vehicles randomly outside or at base
- Cover allocated areas and conduct vehicle search
- Check the risk on the vehicle e.g. safes, locks, uniform,
- bullet proof ,weapon permit, ID
- Compile a report for RSM and BSO
Branch opening and closing procedures including vehicle checks
- Is advised to go to a branch to do the opening procedures using forms prescribed.
- Conduct closing procedure checks
- Check the whole fleet of the branch
- Check Vault / safes security compliance
- Provide evidence to support the opening and closing report.
- React to tip-off provided by investigations
- Providing security and support for investigators e.g. on robberies
- Conduct ATM audits procedures for audit investigation
Health and safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Minimum qualification & experience
- Grade 12
- Driver’s License
- PSIRA Grades
- CIT Experience
- Auditing course
- Firearm competency
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of G4S standard operating procedures
- South African security legislation
- G4S Operational Policy
- Computer literate – ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Sharing and cooperating
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Delivering great customer service
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.