Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some are used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Miner is responsible to achieve performance targets in sections, through planning, organizing, and control of the day to day operations.
- Ensure that targets are met
- Improve performance and reduce costs
- Ensure team adheres to SOP’s and COP’s
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions
- Build capabilities of in-section personnel
- Conduct section inspections to eliminate risks
- Conform to legal and Sasol Mining requirements
- Identify and implement best practices
- Coach and develop subordinates
- Execute administrative support work, efficiently and accurately
Qualifications and expertise required:
- National Senior Certificate/ Full N3 (with Maths and English/Business English)
- Valid Blasting Certificate (for Fiery Mines)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Red Ticket (or ability to obtain one)
- Valid driver’s license
- Gas Testing certificate (8 gasses)
- Competent A
Specific experience required
- 2-4 years’ experience of underground coal mining
- Experience and knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environment and relevant legislation
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Competencies (skills, knowledge, and characteristics)
- Leadership skills
- Drive the Value Chain
- Conceptual ability
- Sound communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to function without supervision
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Please note the following important information:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Req Id 76043 – – South Africa – Mpumalanga
Operating entity: Sasol Mining, Various Mines in Secunda and Sasolburg
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga and Sasolburg, Free State
Role Category: Process Implementation