The department invites Military Veterans and their dependents who wish to apply for education support benefit for the first time and intending to study during the 2021 academic year to apply for the DMV Education Support benefit.
This invitation is also open to all continuing learners and students of education support in 2020 (those who are currently approved and produced with support for 2020 academic year and those who have written to the DMV informing us of the gap year).
- The closing date for applications is 31 March 2021.
- The department of military veterans will not consider learners and students studying in private institutions.
Confirmation process of continuing support
The confirmation process for the 2021 intake will open on 15 December 2020 and closes on the 28th of February at 16:00.
All applications for current DMV grade 12 beneficiaries are urged to apply for their studies at public itertiary institutions, as the DMV no longer supports studens at private institutions.
Due to the extension of the acedmic year to February 2021 as pronounced by the Hon. Minister Dr B Nzimande for public tertiary institutions, finalization of confirmations of continuing students for DMV supported students will be communicated early 2021.
The details are as follows:
Continuing learener at basic education for 2021 are to send their final year school reports and a school confirmation letter for the academic year to: 2021BasicContinuing@dmv.gov.za
Continuing students at tertiary for 2021 are to send their confirmation documents namely year end academic transcripts and proof of acceptance or registration at the institution to: 2021TertiaryContinuing@dmv.gov.za
Value of support
The value of the education support is R20 000 for learners at basic education level. The support covers the following:
- School fees
The value of the support at Tertiary level is R88 600 and covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed text books
DMV Education Support is renewable annually via the submission of a conformation forms accompanying by official proof of progress report from the institution.
- Application for the 2021 DMV New Education Support for continuing recipients must be completed and submitted before 31 March 2021.
- Application form must be submitted together with all the required supporting documents as listed below:
- A certified copy of Military Veteran’s ID document
- A certified copy of unabridged birth certificate
- A certified copy of your dependent grade’s report
- Tertiary students have to include their complete academic record
- A copy of your acceptance/provisional admission letter the university.
Due to Covid-19 regulations, and to limit the movement of people at the DMV offices, applications may be emailed to the following addresses as per province of residence:
Eastern Cape: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free State: email@example.com
North West: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Cape: email@example.com
Western Cape: firstname.lastname@example.org