Welcome to our new recruitment system – Talent Connect!
We have changed our recruitment system in order to provide you with a better experience when applying for jobs at TFG. If you haven’t done so already, you may be required to re-register your details and upload your CV.
Sportscene is looking for a dynamic buying assistant within Men’s footwear department whom has a love of sneaker wear culture.
As a Buyer’s Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Administratively supporting all aspects of the buying process.
- Ensuring timeous placement of orders onto the purchasing system.
- Maintaining a control system for the sample room.
- Compiling, balancing and updating of spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintaining quality assurance control and audit of samples.
- Building constructive and mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- All preparations prior to presentations
- General office administration and ad hoc duties as required by the department.
The successful candidate must:
- Be highly organized, numerate, and have exceptional coordination ability
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to build and maintain working relationships incl. being helpful and assist where necessary in the department.
- Show initiative, be pro-active, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Have high energy levels
- Have the ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Excel in a pressurized environment
- Have a problem-solving approach to work
- Able to work with a large workload and remain efficient
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Have a minimum of a Matric Qualification
- Have a working knowledge of Ms Word and Excel (PMM/Internal systems knowledge would be advantageous)
- Previous experience as a Buyer’s Assistant is required
Can’t find the job in our current listing? Not ready to apply? Create and manage your profile for future opportunities by joining our talent community and click on the link below:
Apply for a job today
View our exciting career opportunities. To stay updated, register your details and upload your latest CV.