POST 23/165 : MESSENGER 23/ Groote Schuur Hospital
SALARY : R102 534 per annum
CENTRE : Groote Schuur Hospital
Minimum requirement: Basic numeracy and literacy. Experience: Appropriate experience. Inherent requirement of the job: Must be physically fit and able to be on your feet for long periods. Must have the ability to lift heavy loads. Competencies (knowledge/skills): Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape. Good Interpersonal skills.Basic computer literacy skills.
(key result areas/outputs): Collecting and delivery of posts (i.e. letters, memos, etc.,), folders, x-rays, case notes and any other documentation. Assist Ward Clerks to locate patient folders throughout the entire Hospital. Deliver and collect blood specimens, 123 blood hampers, or any other blood related products (i.e. Plasma), etc. Collect medication at Pharmacy as well as assisting with the collection of Folders from Medical Records department. Perform relief duties as well as basic record-keeping of all documentation.
ENQUIRIES : Mr L Terblanche, Tel No: (021) 404-5037
APPLICATION : The Chief Executive Officer: Groote Schuur Hospital, Private Bag X4, Observatory, 7935.
FOR ATTENTION : Mr MS Benajmin
NOTE : No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
• Ensure that the delivery is done on time
• Reconcile packages at recipient’s location
• Maintain communication with destination and point of departure through radio or cell phone
• Ensure the highest degree of security of shipment
• Take the recipient’s signature of the receipt and compare it with the original signature on the identification card
• Understand privacy rules and not tamper with package or document
• Maintain records of daily visits in the logbook
• Sort deliverable items in accordance with the delivery route in order to ensure maximum efficiency
• Confirm deliveries by checking into the office after each delivery
• Open and sort incoming mail and deliver to appropriate recipients within the office
• Collect and seal outgoing mail and ensure that proper stamps are used
• Load and unload goods from trucks and delivery vans
• Plan efficient routes prior to setting out on a delivery mission
• Use telephones to deliver verbal messages